The Trustees of Reservations invite you to come celebrate “Know Your Place: Ravenswood” month during November in Gloucester. Come check out our new Learning and Discovery Center or hike our newest addition to our trail map - the Children's Rocky Woodland! There are plenty of family oriented events, a new Quest treasure hunt, and our trails are always open for you to come and explore on your own.
Here's the line-up for this month at Ravenswood Park:
- ExSKULLent Adventures Family Fest! - Sunday, October 30, 1-3pm
- Ravenswood Rocks! - Sunday, November 6, 1-3pm
- Sweetbay Swamp Quest Fest! - Saturday, November 12, noon-3pm
- Renaissance of Ravenswood: Walk through the Centuries - Sunday, November 13, 1-3pm
- Great Magnolia Swamp Hike - Saturday, November 19, noon-3:00 pm
Of course Ravenswood Park is open for you to walk on your own or to have a a hiking Quest. We now have two to choose from, the Hermit's Haven Quest and the new Sweetbay Swamp Quest. These self guided treasure hunts are designed to engage kids and families, and tell a story as you walk the planned route of the Quest. Quest Brochures are available at the bulletin board at the main gate of the park.
Come enjoy the park with your family and discover this wonderful natural gem in the heart of Cape Ann. If you like what you find, consider a Trustee Membership to help support this park and all of the other locations that the Trustees own on the North Shore!