Winter is an exciting time for outdoor discovery. The Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary has put together four days of hands-on, interactive, age-appropriate activities to explore the natural world in Winter. Kids will hone their observation skills as they locate and learn about winter animals and tap a sugar maple tree to make syrup.
There's a warm, cozy Barn and Nature Center for indoor activities that include listening to stories, singing songs, playing with friends, and looking under a microscope. Participants will be divided into smaller groups by age. Outdoor activities will be focused on a daily theme, and will give kids an opportunity to explore the Sanctuary with Audubon Staff!
- Suitable for children ages 5-11 yrs. (grades k-5) organized by age.
- Ages 5-6 [Full]
- Ages 7-8 [Full]
- Ages 9-11 [Full]
- There are four days of February Vacation Activities scheduled:
- Tuesday, February 21, 2023: Maple Sugaring
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023: Winter Homes
- Thursday, February 23, 2023: Carnivores Dining Out
- Friday, February 24, 2023: Awesome Owls