The fun starts Wednesday, June 9, 2022 when 200 tons of imported sand is dropped on Hampton Beach and the “Grady Bunch” starts pounding up the sponsor site. The entire area is illuminated for night viewing through June 26. Watch Greg Grady and “The Grady Bunch” build a mammoth Sand Demo Site. View all entries online on this website. The competition is by invitation only. The event is funded by the Hampton Beach Village District and Sponsors, in cooperation with The Hampton Area Chamber of Commerce and The NH Division of Parks.
SCHEDULE FOR 2022 MASTER SAND SCULPTING COMPETITION:
- Mon. – Wed. – June 13-14-15: Massive 100 Ton Sponsor Site Created
- Wed., June 15 – Sponsors Grand Finale with a Master Group Carve.
- Thurs., Fri., & Sat., June 16-17-18 – Solo Competition $25,000 purse and entry awards as follows: First Place $6,000; Second Place $4,000; Third Place $3,000; Fourth Place $2,000. People’s Choice Award $1,000. Non-placing competitors receive $1,500. There is also a Sculptor’s Choice Award that is only a prestige award, granted by their peers that has no monetary prize.
- Sat., June 18 – 1:00 – 3:00 PM Voting for People’s Choice Award.
- Sat., June 18 at 8:00 PM Awards Ceremony on the Sea Shell Stage. Special Fireworks Display at 9:30 PM.
- The event is lighted for nightly viewing through June 26.
22 C Street, Hampton, NH, 03842