How wonderful to have kids view the world through a 64-color box of Crayola Crayons instead of an 8-color box, and the Children's Festival is here to help bring out the artist in every child. The Children’s Festival is a unique "hands on" arts-based program of activities directed toward children aged ten years and younger. . All activities are free of charge and all children should be accompanied by an adult.
Our theme this year is Celebrating Great Artists with "hands-on" art projects geared toward children around ages three to ten years, including:
- Sonia's Circles- Collage technique that uses colorful precut circles of that children arrange and paste onto a dramatic background. Inspired by works of Sonia Delaunay.
- Coloring Great Artists- line drawings based on paintings by the masters are colored in. (Vincent Van Gough's Sunflowers and Salvador Dali's Melting Clocks)
- Emily Kngwarreye's "Dump Dump" style Dot Painting
- Fish like Frost- fish prints that aim to celebrate the work of Marblehead artist J.O.J Frost.
The festival favorites include:
- Musical medley with volunteer Teresa Coelho of Music Together
- Patriotic beads, hats and banners
- America Rocks- painted red, white and blue (rock painting)
Part of the Marblehead Festival of Arts