Olde Fashioned Sunday in Downtown Newburyport will be a great day to remember the beginnings of our Yankee Homecoming celebrations. We can enjoy some “new” events so as to make future memories for the current younger generations as the past has given some of us the “good ole’ days” to remember. Olde Fashioned Sunday 2018 begins on the stage with the opportunity to show the audience your favorite pets. Every person and pet is a winner in this event. The formal opening of Yankee Homecoming will include the introduction of all the past chairperson and the singing of the national anthem.
Get ready to swing and tap your feet. Let the kids dance in front of the stage while you sit back and enjoy the Busted Jugband and some great food at the official opening day of Yankee Homecoming. There will be something for all ages: dog show, classic car show, R/C car races, train and pony rides, inflatable obstacles course and bouncy house, all kinds of food and vendors, wrestling, the best entertainment in years, games, contest and more.
- Dog Show 9am
- Family Midway 10:00am – 4:30pm
- Art on the Bartlett Mall 10:00 – 5:00pm Sponsored by NAA
- Featuring regional artists exhibiting and selling their oils, watercolors and drawings. All original work with no reproductions
- Roaming Railroad 10:00 – 3:00pm
- J&J Ponies 10am – 3:00pm
- Antique and Classic Cars 10am– 1:00pm
- Atlantic Pro Wrestling
- Opening Ceremonies 11:30am
- R/C Classic Muscle Car Race and R/C Blueberry Hill Race 11am & 2-4:30pm
- Busted Jug Band 1-3:15pm
- Elvis 3:30-4:30pm