Peabody Essex Museum celebrates an unparalleled 200-year legacy of cultural exchange with India through the 'Sensational India!' Festival! Explore and experience the creativity and dynamism of contemporary Indian culture during this annual weekend-long festival. Inspired by the modern, contemporary and traditional Indian art, families can discover today's India through dance, food, musical performances, visual art and storytelling.
A weekend filled with family fun and events includes:
Saturday & Sunday:
- MASSART DESIGN COLLECTIVE Exhibit
- Story Time:
- Demonstration: Lessons on a Loom
- Dance Performance: Rama Vaidyanathan
- Drop-in Activity: Textile Printing
- Indian Classical Music Performances
- Art Making Workshop: Vintage Textile Bracelets
- Presentation: Modernism in Indian Art
- Presentation: Designing Google's Art Project
There's also a Bollywood Dance Party for adults aged 21 and over on Saturday Night!