There's nothing like a visit to Parker River National Wildlife Refuge for wonderful family nature experiences, and seeing the bird banding station in operation is at the top of the list. See Mass Audubon scientists evaluate and release migrant songbirds while you learn about migration and habitat use. Don't miss this chance - the bird banding station operates only during the height of migration in spring (April and May) and fall (September and October) and is very weather dependent.
- For kids 6-12 years
- Meet at the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge Subheadquarters parking lot.
- Please dress for the weather with waterproof footwear.
- The station is in a wooded area, so dress for tick safety.
- You may want to bring bug spray.
- Children must be accompanied by adults.
Sunday, April 23, 2023 9:30-11am
Saturday, May 6, 2023 9:30-11am
Mass Audubon Members: Adult $9, Child $6
Nonmembers: Adult $11; Child $7