Pack a picnic and bring your dancing shoes to Castle Hill on the Crane Estate in Ipswich for a diverse series of concerts that are sure to entertain! Enjoy the long, lazy days of summer at Castle Hill's Picnic Concerts. Each week offers an exciting family-friendly and danceable band. Walk the grounds, visit the gardens, or relax on the lawn. Stop by the visitor information tent to check out our weekly raffles and membership promotions, borrow a frisbee or ball, or try our family Eye Spy based on Castle Hill's landscape features.
Explore the newly restored landscaped lawn and try the family Eye Spy featuring statuary and architecture. Don’t miss the weekly raffle and membership promotion. Let our lawn be your summertime playground. Tickets are available in advance (use links Concert Schedule links below) or at the gate (subject to availability).
Concerts start at 7PM and end at 9PM. Gates open at 5PM for picnicking.
2022 Concert Schedule:
- July 7: Ol' Dirty Bucket | Beantown Funk
- July 14: Psychedelic Relics | Music from the Summer of Love
July 21: Entrain | Rock Funk Jam Band- Postponed to August 10
- July 28: Soul Rebel Project
- August 4:Beantown Swing | Big Band Swing
- August 10: Entrain | Rock Funk Jam Band
- August 11: Studio Two | Beatles Tribute
- August 18: Soul City | Soul Motown and Funk
- August 25: The Great Escape | Journey Tribute Band
- September 1: Orville Giddings Band | Boogie Blues
A weather cancellation, if necessary, will be made by 3 pm on concert day. Ticket holders will be notified by email and offered a refund.
Don’t have time to pack a picnic? Purchase supper from one of our onsite vendors:
- Members: $30/car.
- Nonmembers: $40/car.
- Tickets available at the gate only or online
- Gates open at 5PM for picnicking.
BYOB is prohibited and parcels will be searched. Beer, wine, mead, and/or hard cider will be available for purchase. Participating vendors this season include Ipswich Ale Brewery, True North Ales, Mill River Winery, & 1634 Meadery.
- Please carry out what you carry in, including trash!
- Hanidcapped seating available on the picnic lawn
- Bring your own picnic blankets, low tables, chairs and picnic suppers
- Tents are not permitted
- No smoking in the concert area.
- No grills, open flames or candles
- Please leave your pet home.
In response to the overwhelming popularity of the Summer Picnic Concert Series, The Trustees will once again limit the number of concert attendees to 2,000 people. Concert attendees are encouraged to arrive early to ensure admission. Until concert capacity is reached, parents may drop off middle school and high school students at the designated “walk-in” gate. A gate attendant will be equipped to admit walk-ins and collect the $10 admission fee. At the conclusion of the concert, parents should enter through this same gate and park at the barn complex to await their children.
More Information can be found on the Trustees page using the link below.