Mass Audubon's Joppa Flats Education Center in Newburyport has lots of fun excrusions planned for April Vacation Week! Let's head for the hills and the marsh and the pond! Miss Lisa and Miss Kirsten are ready for an out-of-school adventure, and they have all the field equipment we'll need to go on a mini-trek to explore some of our favorite habitats.
At Rough Meadows, we’ll set fish traps and search for tiny snails and scud, then go on a salt marsh scavenger hunt. At the Amesbury Town Forest, we’ll use microscopes and set up mini-quadrants on the trails to examine the tiny hidden wildlife in the forest and vernal pool. At Mill Pond, we'll bring the buckets, scoops, nets, microscopes, and guides to see what freshwater life is springing forth. All materials are provided, so come on out and meet us for some treks and trails!
Come for all or part of a single day or plan to come for all three!
- Monday, April 18, 2016: April Vacation Treks & Trails: Joppa Flats
- Tuesday, April 19, 2016: April Vacation Week Treks & Trails: Mill Pond
- Wednesday, April 20, 2016: See, Think & Wonder Walk: Spring Comes to the Forest
- Registration not required.
- Suitable for children ages 3-16 yrs
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Themes are subject to change.
- Please dress for the weather since some activities may take place outdoors.