Don't miss historic downtown Salem's sweetest event of the year. Salem Main Streets, the Salem Chamber of Commerce, Destination Salem, and local retailers, restaurants, and businesses invite you to attend the 17th annual Salem’s So Sweet Chocolate & Ice Sculpture Festival. A decadent tradition of delectable chocolate, sparkling ice sculptures, and Valentine’s Day shopping…don’t miss Salem’s sweetest event of the year!
- Chocolate & Wine Tasting Kick-off Event – Friday, Feb. 10, 2023 4:30 pm
- Ticket buyers will start at the Peabody Essex Museum’s Connect Space (135 Essex Street) with timed entries beginning at 4:50 pm, where they will receive a commemorative glass, a complementary pour of wine, and a goodie bag of sweet treats before heading out to explore. There will be multiple shops nearby providing wine tastings for ticket holders, and participants can enjoy the illuminated ice sculptures and live music on the Essex Street Pedestrian Mall. Additional downtown retailers will be staying open until 8 pm that evening for shopping, treats, and/or tastings. Many downtown restaurants will be running unique specials and tastings as well. Tickets are $40 and are available now! Tickets available online
- Ice Sculptures Downtown – Starting Feb. 10, 2023
- Every year, we install 20+ beautiful ice sculptures that grace downtown Salem starting February 10. Some of the previous sculptures have included a Dragon, a Lobster, Ruby Slippers, and The Friendship. A full list and map will be posted closer to the event. Be sure to make plans for a special evening stroll on Saturday, Feb. 11, when the sculptures will be illuminated between starting at 5pm! More information about this year’s sculptures will be available online at www.salemsosweet.com as we get closer to the event.
- Chocolate Hearts Challenge – Saturday & Sunday, Feb. 10 & 11, 2023
- an app-based game with QR codes in businesses around town offering a range of prizes
- Sweet treats and deals at many of the amazing local shops and eateries all weekend!
For more information, visit www.salemsosweet.com or follow Salem's So Sweet on Facebook.
Friday, February 10 - Sunday, February 12, 2023