Experience the age-old tradition of maple sugaring at Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary! The warm days of late winter awaken the flow of sap in the maples resulting in sweet-smelling, billowing clouds of steam rising from the sugarhouse. On a naturalist-guided walk, learn how to identify a sugar maple, observe tapping and sap collection methods, watch the sap being boiled down in the sugarhouse, and get a sweet taste of the final product.
- IRWS Syrup is available for sale (quantities may be limited).
- Tours last about an hour and run rain or shine.
- Registration is required.
- Dress warmly and wear warm waterproof boots because the walk is entirely outdoors.
- Children under three are free and may need to be carried.
Saturdays, March 4, 11 and 18, 2023 10:00am-3:00pm
Audubon Members: Adults: $12; Children: $10
Non Members: Adults: $14; Children: $12