The American Textile History Museum in Lowell is having a free, educational and fun experience for adults and kids, celebrating the intersection of invention and creativity! In collaboration with our two new special exhibits, “Inventing Lowell” and “Flowers in the Factory,” on view through June 22.
- Cool demonstrations, hands-on activities and crafts to take home: Build a City, Making Waterwheels, Object in a Bag, Bracelet Making, Stamp On
- Artist Dug North and his kinetic “automata” sculptures
- Local “makerspaces”: Lowell Makes (high tech and traditional) and New Vestures (fashion)
- “Unique Teens” of Girls, Inc., with one-of-a-kind handmade crafts.
- Scavenger hunts and pictures with Lulu the Lamb, ATHM’s lovable woolly mascot