Join park staff from the Parker River National Wildlife Refuge to see and experience the refuge’s salt marsh than from the cockpit of your own kayak! Join a couple of refuge rangers for a 2.5 hour meander through the marsh and learn about some of its fascinating natural and cultural history.
Program participants should have kayaking experience and need to provide their own kayak, paddle, and personal flotation device (PFD). Participant boats must be a minimum of 12 feet in length and have onboard flotation. It is recommended that participants provide their own insect repellant, sunscreen, water, snack food, and wear clothing appropriate for the weather. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- This event is BYOB - Bring Your Own Boat
- Meet the rangers at the refuge’s boat ramp, opposite Lot 1, fifteen minutes prior to the program start time.
- For ages 16 and up.
- Enrollment limited to 12 participants.
- Preregistration is required.
- Call the refuge to reserve a spot. 978-465-5753 x200.