Join Joppa Flats Education Center on the 100th day of the year to celebrate 100 years of Mass Audubon Wildlife Sanctuaries! Enjoy free admission, "ask a naturalist" opportunities, the occasional guided walk around our grounds and free cake! Back in 1916, the Moose Hill Bird Sanctuary was established in Sharon when Dr. George W. Field offered his estate to Mass Audubon to attract birds and people interested in birds. Fast forward to 2016 and there are 56 wildlife sanctuaries to explore in Massachusetts!
The regular Saturday Morning Birding program is FREE as well on April 9 (9:00-11:30am, just drop in).
On the Schedule
For Kids Ages 2-6
- beach sandbox
- bird feeder station
- coloring station
- books and stuffed toys
Ask a Naturalist for Kids Ages 6+
- 9am Backyard Birds with Barbara Guay
- 10am Tide Pool Ecology with Lee Grover
- 11am Noticing the Little Things with Chaffee Monell
- 12pm LUNCH BREAK and ANNIVERSARY CAKE
- 1pm River Birds with Dave Williams
- 2pm Bird Migration with Jeremiah Sullivan
- 3pm Let’s Meet the Marsh! with Lisa Hutchings