In the winter most people hunker down to stay warm, but at Appleton Farms, we make the most of the cold, quiet season. There is no better place to spend winter farm days than in the kitchen! These programs are for kids ages 6-10 who love to cook, explore, and be adventurous in the kitchen, and out on the trails. Each day kids will explore a different aspect of farm-to-table cooking, trying new foods, and learning about where our food comes from!
Our morning will be filled with kitchen time, followed by an outdoor adventure of hiking, snowshoeing, and farm explorations. We’ll return to the house to eat our creations before heading home.
Choose the days that work for you or come for all 5 days! Each day will be a new kitchen adventure:
- Monday, February 17 | Homemade Pizza Dough and Fresh Mozzarella
- Tuesday, February 18 | Sneaky Beet & Carrot Brownies and Homemade Butternut Squash Icecream (veggies for dessert!)
- Wednesday, February 19 | Homemade Butter and Scones
- Thursday, February 20 | Seasonal Salads with Various Dips and Dressings
- Friday, February 21 | Pasta Making (handmade) and Veggie-based Sauce
These classes are NUT FREE and VEGETARIAN, but they will include dairy, gluten, and other potential allergens. All recipes can be made egg-free. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about allergies or to request an egg-free option. If your child has an allergy, please send them with an epipen. The Kitchen at Appleton is NOT an allergy free space so there is always a slight risk of cross contamination.
- Register for individual days or all week.
- Recommended for ages 6-10
- Drop off program
- Preregistration required