Learn while you play! Officially opened on the last day of school in 2005, this unique playground in West Gloucester is geared toward learning basic science through play. The park contains:
- A standalone playground
A 60' 'Gravity Boat'
- A Pully System for hauling the boat's anchor to teach the physics of force and force reduction
A 40' Swordfish Shaped Structure that houses:
- Organ Pipes
- A special magnifying lense
- Other attractions that teach the wonders of sound and light
- A Surge Swings that teaches the basics of stored energy using springs
- A spring bridge that teaches wieght distribution, and the power of levers and fulcrums
"The Air Lifter"
- A hand operated blower that teaches the physics of air pressure and resistance
"The Foam Lifter"
- another hand operated blower that allows children to create styrofoam 'tornadoes' if they can keep the blower going
- Teaches gearing and gear ratios by 'running' fish using a bicycle chain with painted fish attached.
This playground is located at the West Parish Elementary School in West Gloucester, and is closed to the public while school is in session.
Coordinates: 42° 37' 9.2352" N, 70° 42' 44.7912" W