Pack a picnic and bring your dancing shoes to Castle Hill on the Crane Estate in Ipswich for a diverse series of concerts that are sure to entertain! Enjoy the long, lazy days of summer at Castle Hill's Picnic Concerts. Each week offers an exciting family-friendly and danceable band. Walk the grounds, visit the gardens, or relax on the lawn. Stop by the visitor information tent to check out our weekly raffles and membership promotions, borrow a frisbee or ball, or try our family Eye Spy based on Castle Hill's landscape features.
Explore the newly restored landscaped lawn and try the family Eye Spy featuring statuary and architecture. Don’t miss the weekly raffle and membership promotion. Let our lawn be your summertime playground.
Concerts start at 7PM and end at 9PM. Gates open at 5PM for picnicking.
- July 6: Vyntyge Skynyrd
- July 13: The Great Escape
- July 20: Herland Brothers
- July 27: Soul City | Soul Mowtown and Funk
- August 3: Beantown Swing | Big Band Swing
- August 10: Soul Rebel Project
- August 17: Entrain | Rock Funk Jam Band
- August 24: HELP! | Beatles Tribute Band
- August 31: Orville Giddings Band | Boogie Blues
If a concert is canceled due to weather, we will update this page at 3PM on the day of the show.
Castle Hill is proud to partner with the following vendors for your convenience:
- Kelly's Roast Beef Catering
- World Famous Roast Beef Sandwiches, Lobster Rolls, Fried Clams, Fish Sandwiches, Burgers, Dogs, Chicken Tenders & more.
- White Farms Homemade Ice Cream & Pizza
- Pizza by the slice, Sandwiches & Ice Cream. Pre-order sandwiches at 978.356.4000
- Mandy's from Marblehead offers handcrafted, all natural & gluten free Chowdahs, Chilies and GoSpacho; a refreshing Spanish style vegan soup.
- Q's Nuts: Popcorn, nuts, candy, soda and water.
- Ipswich Ale Brewery and Mill River Winery will sell beer and wine to people of legal drinking age with positive identification at the Beer & Wine Garden.
- Members: $20/car.
- Nonmembers: $30/car.
- Walk-ins, bicycles, and motorcycles: $10.
- Tickets available at the gate only.
- Gates open at 5PM for picnicking.
BYOB is no longer permitted, and alcohol will be served by Ipswich Ale Brewery and Mill River Winery! Learn more info by downloading the policy for alcoholic beverages at the Crane Estate.
- Please carry out what you carry in, including trash!
- Hanidcapped seating available on the picnic lawn
- Bring your own picnic blankets, tables, chairs and picnic suppers
- Tents are not permitted
- No smoking in the concert area.
- No grills, open flames or candles
- Please leave your pet home.
In response to the overwhelming popularity of the Summer Picnic Concert Series, The Trustees will once again limit the number of concert attendees to 2,000 people. Concert attendees are encouraged to arrive early to ensure admission. Until concert capacity is reached, parents may drop off middle school and high school students at the designated “walk-in” gate. A gate attendant will be equipped to admit walk-ins and collect the $10 admission fee. At the conclusion of the concert, parents should enter through this same gate and park at the barn complex to await their children.
More Information can be found on the Trustees page using the link below.