Smolak Farms Pie Recipe Contest!
Nothing says the holidays quite like a piece of fresh-from-the-oven pie. Just in time for Thanksgiving, Smolak Farms, NECN's TV Diner, and how2heroes are in search of the latest, greatest, most delicious pie you can cook up. Think your pie recipe takes the cake? Enter the Smolak Farms Thanksgiving Pie Recipe Contest and find out!
The lucky winner will be filmed by how2heroes and featured on the website making their pie! The winning pie will also be featured on NECN's TV Diner with Billy Costa! As if fame and bragging rights aren’t enough, the winner will receive a certificate to the Smolak Farms farm stand, and the winning recipe will appear on the Smolak Farms Pie Menu for the entire month of December 2011!
The top five selected pies will be recreated in the Smolak Farms “Test Kitchen” and judged by a panel of representatives from Smolak Farms, NECN's TV Diner, and how2heroes , TV Diner and Smolak Farms.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to enter
Bakers need to submit a pie recipe and photo of their pie to firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUBJECT – Smolak Farms Pie Recipe Contest
- All entries must be received via website, mail or email by midnight on November 21st, 2011.
Each pie entry will be judged on the following criteria:
- Overall Appearance of pie and recipe: Crust, Filling, and appeal
- Overall Appearance of Photo: Atmosphere
- Overall Appeal: Impressiveness, Creativity(based on originality).
- The judging criteria will be based on a 0-9 point system for each of the above categories.
- All category points will be added to determine the winners.
- In the event of a tie, the judges will re-judge the pies/photos until a winner is decided.
Each recipe must include:
- U.S. standard measurements
- Complete preparation instructions
- Cooking time and temperatures
- Number of servings
- Size of pans and any special utensils or cookware.