Saint Peter's Fiesta - Friday
The St. Peter's Fiesta, Gloucester's annual salute to its fishermen, religious celebration, and five-day carnival and family fun fest is a fun, safe tradition for families to enjoy. The festival is sponsored by the Italian-American fishing community of Gloucester, and has all kinds of family-oriented activities and events that celebrate the Italian and fishing traditions of the oldest sea port in the United States!
Friday, June 29, 2012
- 2 pm - Midnight - Fiesta amusement rides & attractions
- 4:45 pm Greasy pole contest & women’s seine boat races - Pavilion Beach
- 6:30 pm Entertainment (prior to opening ceremonies)
- 7:30 pm Formal Opening - St. Peter's statue will be led to the Fiesta altar at Saint Peter's Square in a candlelight procession. Music program following until midnight. Musical entertainment by Seabreeze.
Schedules for other Fiesta Days:
- Saint Peter's Fiesta - Opening Night
- Saint Peter's Fiesta - Thursday
- Saint Peter's Fiesta - Saturday
- Saint Peter's Fiesta - Sunday
The rides this year are fantastic and there is a ride for all age groups. Here's a list of the amusement rides & attractions at the 2012 St. Peter's Fiesta:
- Freak Out
- Arctic Blast
- Starship Exodus
- Slide Crazy Bus
- Orient Express
- Rockin' Tug
- Round Up
- Gondola Wheel
- Sea Dragon
- Mardi Gras
For up-to-the-minute coverage of the 2012 St. Peter's Fiesta, visit Good Morning Gloucester.