Messy Art Night
Get ready to make a great big mess at the 5th Annual Messy Art Night! At this event, children move freely from station to station learning about different art techniques, directly from local artists! BRING A SMOCK, bring a friend & get ready to PAINT, SCULPT, DRAW & more! Healthy snacks will be sold. The public is welcome.
Two goals for Messy Art night are:
- To publicize the vibrant art world in and around Cape Ann
- To inspire Essex residents to create their own art by trying a variety of artistic mediums and techniques.
All of the festivities will be held in the cafeteria and hallways of Essex Elementary School. 200 + people are expected to attend and will have plenty of room to move freely from station to station talking with artists and trying out a variety of art techniques.
Hosted by the Essex Elementary PTO, this night provides hands-on opportunities for children to explore many varied types of art mediums.
Confirmed artists include:
- The Art Center of Hamilton - Louise Nevelson inspired sculpture
- Art Haven of Gloucester – pottery wheels
- Art School of Salem – pencil drawing
- Chris Williams – sculpture
- Chrissie Twombly – non-traditional watercolor
- Emily Gala - Wayne Thiebaud inspired pastels
- Essex Shipbuilding Museum – wooden dories
- Jen Mayer – spin art
- Kathleen McHugh – mixed media painting
- Kristen Wilson – upcycled paper flowers
- Leslie Galacar – tissue collage
- Margaret Sweet – found object robots
- Scott Mulcahey – mini chair sculpture
This night has gone "green!" Please bring your own smock or dress in old clothes.
Admission is $5 per participant.
Kids ages 5 - 10
Things To Do & Events This Week!
Apps for Kids