Come to this once-a-year event sponsored by the Essex PTO and meet local artists as they share their crafts with hands-on projects designed for kids. There will be opportunities to work with paint, sculpture, clay, printmaking, wood and more. Join the fun in the school cafeteria. This is a free event.
Two goals for Messy Art night are:
- To publicize the vibrant art world in and around Cape Ann
- To inspire Essex residents to create their own art by trying a variety of artistic mediums and techniques.
All of the festivities will be held in the cafeteria and hallways of Essex Elementary School. 200 + people are expected to attend and will have plenty of room to move freely from station to station talking with artists and trying out a variety of art techniques.
Hosted by the Essex Elementary PTO, this night provides hands-on opportunities for children to explore many varied types of art mediums.
2016 Artists included:
- Naomi Chapman, Parent - Yarn "Lantern"
- Art Haven – clay pot throwing
- Artcie’s Erin Clark – group and individual Color on Metal
- Chris Williams Sculptures – sculpture of plaster and found objects
- Cogswell Grant - Kristen Weiss - Painted boxes
- Essex Shipbuilding Museum - Nancy Dudley - Fish prints
- Martine Malengrat-Bardosh, Peabody Essex Museum - Black ink and Cherry Blossom drawing
- Lisa Randall, EES Staff/Teacher – Greeting Cards
- Melissa Glorieux, Parent / aster b. flowers - Bubble Wrap Printing
- Kristen Wilson, Parent - Graphic Collage
This night has gone "green!" Please bring your own smock or dress in old clothes.