Marblehead Meanderings: Beach Exploration
Enjoy a summer afternoon at Grace Oliver Beach during low tide and discover the living wonders of the sandy coastline. Walk across the mudflats to Crowninshield Island, where we will search for tiny fish, hermit crabs, periwinkles, and other sea creatures living in this delicate habitat. Explore the five-acre island and its unusual variety of landforms, from granite rocks and tidal pools to sandy beach, salt marsh, and wooded hilltop.
- Suitable for children ages 4 - 12 yrs.
- Registration is Required.
- Meets at Grace Oliver Beach in Marblehead.
- Directions will be sent.
- Wear footwear that can get wet for climbing on the rocky shore.
- Feel free to bring a picnic lunch.
- Sponsored by Mass Audubon's Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
Things To Do & Events This Week!
Apps for Kids
If you like us, then 'Like' us!