Come join the Lake Gardener Improvement Association for a guided, narrated hike of the Powow Hill Conservation Area -- the highest peak on the Essex County coast! During this hike from Lake Gardner beach to the Camp Kent Science Center, we'll explore the woodland alive with birdsong, the gentle rolling hills of Battis Farm, and picturesque Lake Gardner. Capacity: 12
Amesbury is rich with history, and the lake as well as the hill have many stories to tell. Participants will have the choice of hiking up Powow Hill to excellent views of Plum Island, N.H's The Isle of the Shoals, and Mt. Agamenticus, or a more leisurely walk along a former carriage trail.
- The duration of the hikes will be between 1-1.5 hours.
- There are steep portions, and uneven footing in places, so be prepared and wear practical footwear.
- All hikes depart from the Lake Gardner beach, where there is ample free parking.
- Gather at 9AM and start our hike around 9:15.
- Part of Trails & Sails 2017
Meets at Lake Gardner Beach