Joppa Flats Education Center vacation programs offer a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities while we keep minds active and hands busy during school break. Each session offers a different theme, with art activities, experiments, group games, and scheduled family presentations for everyone. It's free-flow learning for the whole family. Come once or make it a multiple-day adventure; drop in for an hour or stay all day for a vacation activity that suits your family schedule. Families are encouraged to dress in their 'birdy best' clothes and children can bring their favorite stuffed bird toy for the presentations!
Bird Related Activities:
- Science Activities may include: Bird Olympics – the fastest dive, heaviest body, strongest skull, longest flight!
- Arts and Crafts may include: paper plane falcons, rainforest bird puppets, build a bird workshop
- Winter Bird Banding with Deb LaRoy. Times: ongoing all day
- Family Presentations with Lisa Hutchings / 11am: All About Owls & 1pm: Amazing Eagles
- Suitable for children aged 2-12
- Drop-in - No registration necessary!
- An adult must accompany each child.
Other programs during February Vacation week: