Joppa Flats Education Center vacation programs offer a wide variety of indoor and outdoor activities while we keep minds active and hands busy during school break. Each session offers a different theme, with art activities, experiments, group games, and scheduled family presentations for everyone. It's free-flow learning for the whole family. Come once or make it a multiple-day adventure; drop in for an hour or stay all day for a vacation activity that suits your family schedule.
Ocean Odyssey activities:
- Make “binoculars” to use during our whale watch family presentation;
- Create a personal whale flukes (tail)
- Construct a humpback whale stick puppet;
- Watch birds get banded with Deb LaRoy
- Make a sandpaper shark;
- Add to the ocean animal stamp mural;
- Take home a handmade sun-catcher jellyfish;
- And craft your own paper bag octopus!
- Suitable for children aged 2-12
- Drop-in - No registration necessary!
- Please dress for the weather since some activities will take place outdoors.
- An adult must accompany each child.
Other programs during February Vacation week: