Family Fun Free Day - Light Our Way!
The second Saturday of every month is free for families with school-aged children. Families are invited to the Activity Center to participate in art, history, and cultural activities, and explore the museum using a Seek and Find. Each month has a different theme, from exhibitions to special celebrations. May 2013's theme: Light My Way Families are invited to the Children's Activity Center to participate in lighthouse themed art, history and cultural activities. This program is free and open to the public.
Story time with Museum staff:
- 11:30 My Dad Fixed the Lighthouse by Martin J. Nally
- 12:30 One Lighthouse, One Moon by Anita Lobel
- 1:30 The Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge: Restored Edition by Hildegarde H. Swift & Lynd Ward
On-going creative activities:
- Create a light inspired watercolor painting
- Lighthouse Seek & Find in the Museum Galleries
- Try a light and distance activity
- Draw and color Lighthouses
Things To Do & Events This Week!
Apps for Kids
If you like us, then 'Like' us!