Family Fun Day at Maudsley State Park
The 2012 YANKEE HOMECOMING FAMILY DAY at Maudslay State Park is slated to be better than ever with more activities for kids of all ages, more demonstrations on the main stage and a focus on having activities for family members ages 1-100! Check the page link below for stage performance artists & times, event times and a list of all participants.
Every year Family Day attracts approx 800-1000 visitors (which is largely free) and it's a great time for kids, "tweens" and parents - rain or shine! This year is going to be over the top jam packed with events going on all day.
In addition to the live stage performaces, some of the highlights of this year's Family Day will be:
- Tethered Hot Air Balloon Rides
- Kayak lessons on the Merrimack River
- Soccer clinics
- Martial Arts Demonstrations
- Gymnastic Demnonstrations
- Kids can bring their bikes and race!
- Live Animal Demonstrations by Curious Creatures
- Painting with members of the Newburyport Mothers Club
- Live animal demonstrations with Miss Lisa from Joppa Flats Education Center
- Doll and Stuffed Animal Checkups from Staff at Anna Jacques Hospital
- Keys For Kids Sing Alongs
- Face Painting
- Brain Games by the Tutor Doctor
- The Mad Science Booth
- Hay Rides
- Batting Clinics
- Pony Rides from J&J Ponies
- Girls Inc. of the Seacoast Area
- Sparhawk School Ribbon Dance
- Ovarian Cancer Group
- Rain Man Foundation
- Seacoast Orthopedics
- Food provided by local vendors!
Vendors and organizations have the opportunity to reach a large number of local parents and families by supporting our event!