Time to clean out and drop off your gently-used donations to Essex County children in need. On Saturday, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., the Community Giving Tree van is accepting donations at Winthrop Elementary School.
Community Giving Tree, a non-profit organization serving all of Essex County, collects gently used baby equipment such as car seats, strollers, high chairs and more and gives them to local children in need. Every baby needs a safe crib.
Community Giving Tree's mission is to help low-income families in northeastern Massachusetts raise healthy children by providing recycled clothing, baby equipment, and other basic necessities.
- Toddler Beds
- Car Seats (manufacture date under 5yrs)
- Pack n Plays - long list of families who have an urgent need.
Please clean all items before donating.
- Infant-Toddler in-season Clothes
- Children’s in-season Clothes
- Teen in-season Clothes
- Children’s Shoes (very gently used)
- Disposable Diapers (open bags accepted)
- Cribs (drop side ok, less than 12 years old)
- Pack-n-Plays & Bassinets
- Crib Mattresses, Crib Bedding
- Toddler Beds
- Strollers (not Jogging Strollers)
- High Chairs & Infant Seats
- Bumbo Seats
- Baby Swings
- Car Seats (dated within last 5 years)
- Baby Bath Linens, Bottles, & Sippy Cups
- New and Unused Breast Pumps
- Safety Gates (tension type)
- Front Baby Carriers
- New unopened sample size toiletries
- Nearly-new Toys
Please call Community Giving Tree at 978-223-5767 with questions.
Community Giving Tree DOES NOT accept items from this list below. Please check the resource page to find agencies that accept these essentials.
- Baby Formula
- Diaper Pails
- Potty Seats
- Changing Tables and Pads
- Large Stuffed Animals
- Maternity clothes
- Jogging Strollers
- Extra Bases for Car Seats
- Bed Rails
- Backpack Baby Carriers
- Crib Mobiles
- Beach Tents
- Soccer Cleats
- Baseball Pants
- Gymnastic/Dance Wear & Shoes