BSO Family Concert: Kids are Free
The BSO Family Concert "THE BEAT GOES ON: A Musical Look at Perseverance, Pace, and Pulse in Music" is geared towards families wanting to experience the symphony, and kids are FREE!
- THE BEAT GOES ON: A Musical Look at Perseverance, Pace, and Pulse in Music
- WILLIAMS March from Raiders of the Lost Ark
- FUCIK Entrance of the Gladiators
- BEETHOVEN Presto (4th movement) from Symphony No. 7
- PROKOFIEV “Cinderella’s Dream,” from the ballet Cinderella
- ANDERSON Fiddle-Faddle
- TCHAIKOVSKY March (3rd movement) from Symphony No. 6, Pathetique
Pre-concert Activities 9-10am
• Instrument Playground
• Instrument demonstrations
• Fun interactive activities for families
The BSO has a long history of presenting classical music programs to educate and entertain young audiences. Year after year, these programs continue to thrill and inspire the next generation of music lovers. The weekday Youth Concerts attract elementary and middle school children and their teachers from all across New England, while the weekend Family Concerts are a delightful way for families
to spend time together.
BSO Youth and Family concerts are compelling and interactive and will introduce young people and families to the wide spectrum of classical music. This season’s theme is “The Beat Goes On: A Musical Look at Perseverance, Pace, and Pulse in Music.” Returning to the BSO in 2011 is newly appointed BSO Germeshausen Youth and Family Concerts Conductor Thomas Wilkins. His energy and commitment to promoting a lifelong enthusiasm for music makes him an audience favorite among all ages.
Kids under 18 are Free (limit four per family). To get free kids tickets, please place your order by phone, by calling SymphonyCharge 888-266-1200.