Join us on Thursday, October 19, 6:30 to 8:30 pm for Acer's Fall Innovator Symposium. Meet leading scientists, researchers and entrepreneurs from MIT’s Media Lab, Tufts School of Engineering, Harvard University, BiogenIdec, Autodesk and more. Find out how unique you are (or are you?) in our data security slam. Try your hand at designing a robot, drawing in Virtual Reality, wood working, robotics, biochemistry experiments, and many other hands-on activities. Finish up the evening with a community drum circle and marshmallow roast!
More than 300 people enjoyed groundbreaking science for all at our last Fall Innovator Symposium in 2016.
Browse some pictures of our fall 16 symposium in this Facebook album.
Groundbreaking Science for all ages. Open to all.
Acera’s Innovator Symposium, a free community event open to all, is part of our efforts to break down the walls between science and the general public.
Since 2015, the symposium has brought together science-curious people of all ages. We’ve connected MIT Microbiome researchers with curious Kindergarteners; experienced engineers with avid Lego builders, and MediaLab experts with aspiring toy hackers. In this event, everybody can explore cutting-edge science, and be inspired by innovators and researchers in many different fields.
Now in its second year, Acera’s Innovator Symposium has seen a steady stream of renowned presenters and science-curious participants. More than 600 children and adults of diverse backgrounds and all walks of life have gathered to build community around science and innovation.
Past Presenters Include
- Michelle Zhang, Ph.D., VP of Research and Development, Kyn Therapeutics
- Cindy Bishop, M.A., Interactive Digital Artist, Founder, VR Doodler (2016 MassChallenge Finalist)
- Peter Blake, Ed.D., Professor & Director, Boston University Social Development and Learning Lab
- Selma Svendsen, M.S., Senior Director, iRobot
- Hilary Binda, Ph.D., Professor, Tufts School of the Museum of Fine Arts
- Peter Yu, M.S., PH.D. student, MIT CS and AI Laboratory
- Adam Cantor, B.E., M.E., Senior Mechanical Engineer, iRobot
- Stefania Druga, M. Ed., MIT Media Lab
- Ainara Sistiaga from MIT’s Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Science
- Ease Team – Open Style Lab winner & designer Christina Glover
- Daniel Rosenberg, Harvard University
- Ed Miracco, Senior Scientist, Moderna Therapeutics
- Forest Handford, DevOps Lead, Games Evangelist, Affectiva
- James Cleary, PhD of Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Jean Berko Gleason, PhD, Boston University
- Marc Abrahams, Annals of Improbable Research
- Mathieu Groussin, PhD from MIT’s Alm Lab
- Nadia Chernyak, PhD from BU’s Social Development and Learning Lab
- Rad Duintjer Tebbens, PhD, Kids Risk
- Rich Fletcher, PhD, MIT Media Lab and MIT D Lab
- Roisin Commane, PhD, Harvard Biosphere Group
- Sinyun Yang, Jingijing Xi, David Harari, BrainCo
- Tina Cleary, M.D.
- Tom Chang & Costas Zervos, Senior Software Engineers, iRobot
- Youssef Saleh, AvaRobotics
- Mark Fishman, MD, President Emeritus, Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research
- Rad Duintjer Tebbens, PhD, Kids Risk
- Angela Belcher, PhD, MIT Department of Biological Engineering
- Kimberly Homan, PhD, The Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University
- Meredith Thompson, MEd, MIT Education Arcade
- James Fox, CEO, OBZ Design
- Honey Bajaj, MIT Media Lab
- Marc Abrahams, The Annals of Improbable Research / Ig Nobel Prizes
- Eric Alm, PhD, MIT Center for Microbiome Informatics and Therapeutics
- Derek Blair, Takeda Pharmaceuticals
- Jim Shaw, MBA, MS, FastWay Engineering
- Anthony Chhoy, cofounder and CFO, Makers Empire
- James Cleary, MD, PhD Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Liz Dawes Duraisingh, PhD, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Alisha Panjwani, MS, Acera SEEDS StudioLab, MIT Media Lab
- David Grayzel, MD, Atlas Ventures
- Martha Fishman, MD, Boston Children’s Hospital
- Rebecca Kleinberger, MIT Media Lab, Opera of the Future
- Marcio Macedo, Director of Product Development, iRobot
- Shirley O’ Neil, CEO, Sonzia
- Marshall Wentworth, MIT’s Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Team