Gedney House

Salem shipwright Eleazer Gedney built the earliest portion of the Gedney House in 1665. Originally, the house was an asymmetrical composition consisting of two rooms on the first floor, a single chamber above, and an attic with a front-facing gable. Significant renovations to the structure in 1712 and 1800 resulted in dramatic changes to the house's appearance.

Location

Gedney House
21 High Street
Salem, MA
01970

Phone: 978.744.0440

Coordinates: 42° 31' 7.5972" N, 70° 53' 51.468" W

Location